?

Log in

No account? Create an account
possibly ingested sleeping pill? - Cat Health [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Cat Health

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

possibly ingested sleeping pill? [Apr. 3rd, 2011|11:43 pm]
Cat Health

cathealth

[sio]
[Tags|]
[Current Mood |worriedworried]
[Current Music |Loreena McKennitt, "The Mystic's Dream"]

i'm afraid my kitty may have eaten an expired sleeping pill (Simply Sleep, an OTC brand). i found the box on the floor and one blister packet was open and missing one. but since it looks like it was pulled open (not chewed), i can't remember if it was one i took before they expired or not. the package says they expired last October.

i found an odd, small bluish hairball earlier...the color made me think about it since the pills are blue. is there any symptoms i should look for? i'm sure these pills are toxic to cats (as they are made for humans). i don't see anything out of the ordinary but i don't know what time it was ingested if she did eat it--or how long it would take to cause harm.

any advice would be helpful...i'm very worried abt her. :( thanks.
LinkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: sio
2011-04-04 10:03 am (UTC)
that's just it...i don't know. the box wasn't on the floor when i left for work in the morning (8am). i noticed it at 9pm. she could have knocked it down right after i left or while i was home before i noticed it. or not at all.

i will try calling in the morning....i desperately need sleep now. thanks.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: kahlan_amnell
2011-04-04 08:34 pm (UTC)
By the morning there will be little you can do about it, other than treating symptoms if there are any. Ingesting human medicine can cause serious harm to cats, so by morning the damage could be done. Call Animal Poison Control or an emergency vet now.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)